A few years ago, there used to be loads of umbrella organisations for orgs working in health and social care in Leeds. Each of them represented a different area of work – mental health, learning disabilities, physical and sensory impairments, older people etc.
A while ago they merged under a single banner of “Forum Central” and produce a fantastic weekly newsletter/blog which focuses on health and social care issues in Leeds.
Forum Central is a project that the Forums deliver as a partnership. They provide one bulletin rather than individual bulletins
Anyone can sign up for it, and it’s a very good way of keeping track on what’s happening in Leeds, although you may need to do a bit of sifting for the relevant bits)
Last week’s included
- An Introduction to Migrant Access Project Plus in Armley and Holbeck
- Free suicide prevention training from Community Links (also on 7th December)
- Mental health focus group in Harehills for young people from BME backgrounds
- details of Touchstone’s Annual Celebration on 7th December (which this year takes refugees and asylum seekers as its theme
- Details of the ICO GDPR Helpline for small orgs -who can help you work out if your data protection arrangements are up to snuff in time for the change in the law next year
- Skyline’s World Aids Day event