To ensure there is a regular space for people working with Migrants in Leeds to meet and share knowledge and information and to use this experience to shape the Partnership Priorities, and the wider world.
Voice and influence
All members will encourage and support Migrant community groups to attend with them, to help them to become known, to find out what else is happening in Leeds, and how their voice and opinions are being represented at a strategic level.
What does the Operations Group do?
The Operations Group is where individuals, groups and organisations to meet, think and share information around Migration in Leeds.
We are focused on making support accessible and responsive.
We meet quarterly to share knowledge and information and to network with other groups and agencies.
The agenda is set by members, and there are often short presentations, and updates on local issues.
Members feed concerns into the Strategy Group who then represent these at the Leeds Strategic Migration Board and other places.
Where does the Operations Group meet?
The Operations Group usually meet up at Leeds Refugee Forum’s building:
One Community Centre, Cromwell Street, Lincoln Green, Leeds LS9 7SG
- There is no onstreet parking, and just because traffic wardens rarely make it to Lincoln Green to enforce this, this doesn’t make it okay.
- Free parking (up to 4 hours) is available on Lincoln Rd (adjacent to St James’ Hospital and there are usually spaces available – it’s then a short walk through the Lincoln Green tower blocks to reach One CC.
- The buses are pretty regular – The 42 bus passes down Lincoln Green Road and 49/50 buses also go to Beckett St.
Use the map below to plan your journey
When does the Operations Group meet?
The LMP Operations Group meets every 3 months, the week after the LMP Strategy Group (and a week before the Leeds Strategic Migration Board)
The Dates for 2017/18 are
- Monday 11th September 2017, 10:00 – 12:00
- Monday 27th November 2017, 10:00 – 12:00
- Monday 19th March 2018, 10:00 – 12:00
- Monday 18th June 2018, 10:00 – 12:00
- Monday 17th September 2018, 10:00 – 12:00
Who can join?
Anyone who shares our aims, who regularly attends our meetings, and who wants to find out more about the sector, share developments and make new contacts.
What level of commitment is required?
Members will attend quarterly meetings, and contribute to the development and review of the Partnership Priorities.
Members will also be asked to gathering and share information and evidence relating to Partnership Priorities.