The Solidarity Network, with our NHS and local authority partners, have been awarded funds to deliver phase one of a Health Communities Together project. The organisations in the Solidarity Network, Leeds GATE, BASIS Yorkshire, LASSN and Yorkshire MESMAC, work with Gypsies and Travellers, Sex Workers, Asylum Seekers and Refugees, communities affected by HIV and LGBTQ+ communities.
We are seeking to appoint the following: Systems Change Coordinator: Health Communities Together – Leeds (30 hours).
Health Communities Together (HCT): is a funding strand from the National Lottery Community Fund in collaboration with the Kings Fund; supporting systems change in health care services through VCS, NHS and local authority working together. In Phase One we will explore current strategic representation and relationships for our communities, facilitate learning spaces and identify where there is potential for change. We aim to move from transactional to mutual partnerships to impact and benefit marginalised communities of Leeds and improve poor health outcomes. Success at phase one will see further funding to continue the work over coming years.
- To develop and deliver the Leeds HCT project activities in conjunction with the Solidarity Network and NHS and Local Authority partners keeping the needs of marginalised communities central at all times.
- To convene and coordinate the Leeds HCT steering group and working spaces, involving Solidarity network leaders, NHS and Local authority health partners and ensuring meaningful and valued participation of experts by lived experience from marginalised communities of Leeds.
- To manage participation and communications for the project.
- To produce engaging reports and products.
- To work with the Kings Fund consultants embedding further expertise, skills and knowledge in the Leeds HCT bid.
- To reduce health inequalities experienced by marginalised communities in Leeds.
Application packs (along with the job description and person specification and a brief on the Leeds Solidarity Network) can be downloaded from our website: https://www.mesmac.co.uk/contact/vacancies/systems-change-coordinator-health-communities-together-leeds-30-hours
Completed applications to be sent to [email protected] by Closing date of 10:00am on Wednesday 3rd March 2021.
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted. If your application is successful then Interviews will be on Monday 15th March 2021. Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions it is likely that the interviews will be conducted via Zoom.