We don’t usually re-post the same content but this looks like such an excellent project, we’re willing to break our own rules…
Get involved with a series of projects happening at Leeds City Museum this year which will tell the stories of people who have made a home in Leeds in the past 250 years.
If this project sounds like something that you might be interested in, there are lots of ways to get involved:
- Share your story – some example questions are attached here or you can fill in a form online: surveys.leeds.gov.uk/s/MyMigrationStory/. This can be totally anonymous.
- Ask us to come along to one of your groups to talk to people/bring objects from the museum to show to them
- Lend an object/objects for us to include in the displays – these don’t need to be ‘museum’ objects, we’re really interested in things that people have brought with them or that have a particular story
- Appear in one of our films or be a subject for one of our photography portraits
- Help us to organise an event/suggest an event that you’d like to hold at the museum
- Anything else that you can think of – we’re really open to suggestions
- We can pay travel expenses for any volunteering at the museum.