The next Inclusion for All meeting will take place on Tuesday 26th January from 10.00am-12.30pm and start taking a closer look at the experiences of people with English as a second language. Inclusion for All is a citywide initiative led by Healthwatch Leeds putting inclusion and accessibility into all areas of health and care. More information is available here.
The team is inviting people whose first language is not English to share their experience of using health and social care services during this pandemic at the next meeting. This feedback will be heard and acted upon by people who are able to improve the services.
The following points indicate what they are seeking from the feedback:
- Accessible Information
- Have you received information recently from a health or care organisation? e.g. your GP, hospital or Leeds City Council?
- Did it tell you everything you needed to know about the topic? e.g. how services are being delivered differently?
- Were you able to obtain the information in your own language?
- Access to Services
- Have you had any face to face or virtual appointments with a health or care organisation recently? e.g. your GP, hospital or Leeds City Council?
- Was language support available to you? Did you know how to access the support?
- What was your experience of the appointment?
If you know of anyone who would like to contribute or share their experience at the meeting on 26th January, please contact Tatum at Healthwatch Leeds: [email protected]