Stamp Print Press
Join The Art House for season one of Stamp Print Press, as artist collective PISIN guides us through different experimental printmaking techniques at home from March – May 2021. Just PISIN Print is an opportunity to meet and collaborate with people living and creating in Wakefield who have different approaches to art and varied experiences of migration. Together we will learn four printing techniques that will result in a digital and printed booklet and exhibition to be shown as part of Refugee Week 2021.
How does it work?
- Sign up for a materials pack with everything you need for the four printmaking techniques
- Join the facebook group to connect with other participants and stay up to date with the project (optional)
- In the materials box, you will receive instructions for the first technique. You will use these to create a print to send to The Art House using the stamped and addressed envelope provided.
- As soon as we have your print, we will forward it to another participant. We will also send you the next set of instructions and a print that someone else has created.
- Create a new print using the instructions you have received. Plus, you will add another layer to the print we sent you, using the materials you have to hand.
- Send us both of the prints back in the stamped and addressed envelope provided.
- As soon as we receive the prints the cycle starts again, we send your print out to another participant and send you the next set of instructions.
Sign up here:
The Art House
Welcome to the house that art built.
At The Art House, artists and audiences of all kinds are invited to engage with the creative process through a year-round programme of residencies, exhibitions, events, workshops, and professional development opportunities.
We manage more than 50 accessible artists studios, hosting a wide variety of artists, makers, and creative businesses. In our building you’ll also find exhibition spaces, on-site accessible accommodation for creatives, a shop, a café, meeting rooms and event spaces for hire.
Studio of Sanctuary
The Art House is the UK’s first Studio of Sanctuary.
Our Studio of Sanctuary programme brings people from refugee, asylum seeker and local Wakefield communities together using visual art. We are funded by the Tudor Trust to run projects like this and we also support help refugees and asylum seekers who are professional artists to start making work and build a career in the UK