The Wellbeing Officer role sits within the Specialised Training and Employment Programme (STEP) at Refugee Council, a programme of tailored support for resettled refugees as they progress towards further training and employment. The role is intended to provide emotional and wellbeing support to clients on the programme, in close coordination with the programme’s employment and training advisors as well as the wider resettlement teams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Providing clients with an understanding of the wellbeing support programme available as a key aspect of STEP, and supporting clients to access the service.
2. Delivering a range of ‘wellbeing activities’. These could include:
- Outdoor trips
- Group ‘safe space’ sessions
- Confidence building sessions
- Role play
- Creative arts sessions
- Career ‘dreaming’ sessions
3. Carrying out holistic, yet employment focused client assessment and contribute to creation of action plan with each client
4. Carrying out ongoing mentoring with individual clients, assessing progress against action/development plans.
5. Weekly reporting on client’s activity against action plans and agreed targets.
6. Conducting regular one to one meetings with clients in order to provide wellbeing support, information, advice and guidance, empowering individuals to identify their own skills, and to inspire and motivate individuals to take a positive mental attitude to training/education and joining the workplace.
Equal Opportunities Statement
As part of its recruitment policy, the Refugee Council intends to ensure that no prospective or actual employee is discriminated against on the basis of race, sex, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation, employment status, class, disability, age, religious belief or political persuasion, or is disadvantaged by any condition or requirement which is not demonstrably justifiable.
For more information please see attached Job Description.