VACANCY: ADMIN AND IT COORDINATOR
Salary: Salary: NJC Scale 5/6 Spinal Column 12-22 (26k – 31k pro rata) depending on experience
Hours: 16 – 20 hours a week (to be agreed with candidate)
Location: LASSN office, Leeds LS1 4AD)
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 19th February 2024
LASSN is looking for an experienced senior administrator to provide LASSN with administrative and IT support and to develop and maintain effective admin systems to support LASSN’s Volunteers Managers and volunteers.
The Admin & IT coordinator will work alongside the Office Manager and Director to provide
- Support to Volunteer Managers with the recruitment of volunteers, arranging training, and completing background checks),
- Support with basic bookkeeping and financial admin,
- Technical support to LASSN colleagues and volunteers who access our online systems (Office365, Sharepoint and CiviCRM) and help with setting up and troubleshooting devices,
- Administrative systems that are simple to use and enable the smooth running of the Charity,
The person we appoint will
- Be a confident and experienced administrator with at least a couple of years of experience working in a public-facing office,
- Be an excellent communicator, in person, online and in print – and committed to building the confidence and capabilities of everyone at LASSN,
- Be confident in their approach to everyday IT tasks – and able to share this with colleagues and volunteers with a wide range of experience and abilities,
- Share LASSN’s commitment to ensuring asylum seekers, refugees and other migrants at risk of harm are safe, respected, supported and empowered to rebuild their lives free of persecution;
- Enjoy working flexibly in a small, friendly team – and alongside 300 motivated and talented volunteers and supporters from a wide variety of backgrounds,
- Be committed to helping ordinary people find ways of making Leeds a friendlier, more welcoming city.
Their can-do approach and ability to complete tasks by agreed deadlines will play a vital role in the smooth running of a team that values diversity, kindness, and high standards of support.
- Applicants must send a letter (no longer than 1200 words) explaining how they fulfil the Person Spec and why they are suitable for the post.
- Please send this letter via email (marked “Admin and IT Coordinator”) to [email protected].
- The closing date for applications is 9 am Monday 19th February 2024
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed by the end of Tuesday, 20th February 2024
- Interviews will be held on Tuesday, 27th February 2024
People with lived experience of migration with relevant skills and experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- About LASSN
- Job Description and Personal Specification
- Criminal Records Statement
- Equality and Diversity Policy
Phone Jon Beech (Director) on 07845 298047 for an informal conversation about the role.
Leeds Asylum Seekers’ Support Network: Charity Number 1092647