“On behalf of Lloyds Bank Foundation for England & Wales and US-based funder Unbound Philanthropy, I am delighted to invite you to a free training and networking event for local charities working with refugees, this coming October.
As the refugee crisis continues to take its toll across Europe, your work is more important than ever. I am working with Lloyds Bank Foundation and Unbound Philanthropy to organise a targeted, invitation-only training for charities in your region working with refugees and asylum seekers.
The training will focus on how to increase the effectiveness of communications and advocacy work on refugee issues, at a critical time for this debate. We will have expert inputs from Mike Kaye, Advocacy Manager for Still Human Still Here and Steve Ballinger, Communications Director at British Future. Participants will also have the opportunity to:
- Exchange ideas about impacting on public and policy debates on refugees
- Hear about other campaigns and advocacy work on refugees across your region
- Meet groups working on similar issues in your area
The training will be held in central Leeds and will run from 5pm on Thursday 13th October until 5pm on Friday 14th October 2016. Relevant costs will be covered where agreed in advance.
This event is aimed at senior managers or trustees so please do feel free to share with others in your office as appropriate. If you, or someone else in your organisation would like to attend, please confirm with me ([email protected]) as soon as possible, and by Friday 15th July 2016 at the latest. I will need the following information in order to hold a space for you:
- Organisation name
- Name of person attending and job title (please note that this is an event aimed at senior management and/or charity trustees only)
- Any particular dietary/access requirements
- Will you require accommodation in Leeds on Thursday 13th October 2016? (Y/N)
- Will you require assistance with travel arrangements/costs to/from Leeds? (Y/N)
Please note that we have a very limited number of spaces still available on the trainings, and a high level of interest. As such, places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
If you have any questions about the event, I’d be very happy to answer them (details below). I very much hope you can join us, and look forward to seeing you then.
Ruth Grove-White, Independent consultant
[email protected] / 07795 694259″