The Art Hostel have some exciting volunteering opportunities and would love to work with refugees, migrants and asylum seekers in Leeds.
Local Volunteer Role – General Assistant
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities:
● General help in day-to-day running of the Art Hostel
● General housekeeping, cleaning and hands-on practical work
● Offering hospitality and care to guests, and most importantly a very friendly welcome!
● Dealing with bookings online, on the phone or in person
● Help to organise/promote/run events within the hostel
● General admin work, including cash handling, responding to emails, helping with content & pictures for social media
What we expect from you: You should be friendly and welcoming – customer care experience would be useful & local knowledge is invaluable!
What you can expect from us: Volunteers will gain valuable practical hospitality experience, and have the opportunity to build their confidence and English skills too, by meeting hostel guests and staff from around the world.
The role is flexible according to the volunteer’s availability. Shifts will be between 4- 8 hours in total.
The Art Hostel also have a separate opportunity for live-in volunteers, who exchange 3 shifts per week for a bed in our staff dorm, breakfast every day & use of our kitchen & laundry facilities too. They ask that live-in volunteers commit to a minimum of 1 month. You’ll be working in a small friendly team, with up to seven other volunteers and a small welcoming management group.
If you would like to know more about either role, please contact Rhian at the Art Hostel –[email protected]