The Department for Education and the British Council recently confirmed plans for a ‘Warm Welcome Scholarship Scheme’ to support eligible individuals in the UK with links to Afghanistan to access higher education. The British Council is managing the scheme and has detailed information on their website. The deadlines are all very tight so please do share as much as possible.
The scholarships will support current students and new students in September/October 2022 to undertake full-time in-person undergraduate, taught master’s, and PhD studies.
Eligibility is as follows:
- Afghanistan Relocations and Assistance Policy (ARAP) resettlement route
- Afghanistan Citizens Resettlement Scheme (ACRS) resettlement route
- Those with links to Afghanistan who are already registered at a UK university and are experiencing financial hardship due to the situation in Afghanistan
- Afghan British Nationals (ABNs), evacuated during Operation Pitting.
There are two separate programmes in the scheme:
- In-Year Scholarships (around 100 available) – for students currently studying at UK universities DEADLINE FRIDAY 20 MAY
- Full Degree Scholarships (around 200 available) – for students who will begin their studies in September/October 2022. DEADLINE 10 JUNE (and 17 JUNE for PhDs)
Twitter thread about the scholarships to share here