Jon from LASSN writes
Every 2 months LASSN produce a Policy update for our Trustees, (usually gathering up resources that have been posted on LMP) – a mixture of Local and National things with a small amount of commentary.
I’ve cut and pasted it below in case anyone finds it useful to have all these links in one place
Leeds City Council
- Strategic approach to Migration in Leeds [15 pages] – notable for how little the voluntary sector features in it.
- Teething troubles with new Asylum Housing and Support contracts [1 page] (Mears formerly G4S and Migrant Help formerly Asylum Help)
- A summary of key policy updates in the last 3 months [3 pages] which also includes an update about the growing numbers of Asylum seekers dispersed to Leeds.
- A simple guide to the asylum process [3 pages]– useful update, model of clarity
- Leeds Newcomers update [8 pages]– Who has come to live in Leeds in the last year?
- Asylum Statistics Q2 [1 page] – Applications up, better initial decisions
- New guidance on Asylum Interviews [45 pages] – amongst other things, all interviews now recorded by default (and don’t forget the 1 page summary by Right to Remain)
- Guides to living in Asylum Accommodation [32 pages] – excellent resource for people living in accommodation, and people who support them
- “Welcome to the UK” Guides [106 pages] – great idea, full of inaccurate links and occasionally misleading info – all reported to HO who have yet to update/correct them
- No Deal Brexit and 3rd Sector [20 pages]