A letter has been sent out to all on the Leeds shielding group in the last few days. The latest updated Routes to Support that can be downloaded from here. This version includes: advice in different languages and updates on vitamin d registration; support offer for physical activity; Homeshare and vaccines
Key messages for shielders – week commencing 25th January 2021
- Vaccine appoints are now being offered to clinically extremely vulnerable adults
- Some invites will come by letter to book a slot in a nationally-run site (outside of Leeds) but if you can’t get to those sites safely – there will be more local options in the coming weeks you will be usually get a telephone call for these. We can offer help to get people to those local appointments.
- The vaccine will always be free of charge – and you should never give your bank details in relation to the vaccine
- Shielding advice remains in place – even if you have had your first vaccine
All household members should take extra care to follow the guidance on socially distancing, hand washing and wearing face coverings in public indoor spaces – this is particularly important if they are:
- Working in a high risk environment – where you are coming in to contact with a large number of people
- Using public transport
- Attending school
Help is Available
- A comprehensive range of support is available in Leeds to help people follow the advice to shield – this is about accessing food, prescriptions, financial assistance, social and emotional support, peer support, physical activity and digital access. Please call us on 0113 376 0330 or look at www.leeds.gov.uk/shielding if you think there is something that would assist you to follow the shielding advice.