Andrew from WYDAN suggested we post some info on the Right to Rent on the LMP Blog. This is a great idea, but before we give you the link – it reminded us we’ve not mentioned the LMP Blog’s Posting Policy for a while.
“Your posts should be
- Simple, and short, and about 150 words, max
- Directly connected to issues around asylum, refugees and migration in Leeds
- One off – we won’t repeat content
- If it’s a job advertisement, please use the guidance
- If it’s for an event, please use the guidance
Generally, we won’t include
- Party political campaigns or events,
- Fundraising appeals, or
- Links to profit-making businesses or activities.
Please note, your content may be edited by the editorial team, and their decision on what is/is not included on the blog is final. And just because we post it, doesn’t mean we endorse or recommend it.”
The reason we limit our content to (mainly) news about asylum or migration in Leeds is because there are some great blogs and sources of information out there that we think will do a better job than we can*. A fair number focus on Asylum and migration. A fair number focus on Leeds. But no other blog (that we know about) focuses on both.
These other Blogs used to feature in a “Guest Blog” thread – but we ran out of good blogs to recommend, so we stopped.
So far we’ve recommended (in no particular order)
- Leeds for Change
- Migrant Rights Network
- Asylum Matters
- City of Sanctuary
- Free Movement
- Forum Central
- Centre for Analysis of Radical Right
Perhaps you know of one we should be recommending to our readers. If you do think of one, please let us know.
Which leads us (finally) back to Andrew’s recommendation. Here’s the excellent article on the Right to Rent, as covered by Free Movement on Friday.
- We sometimes break this rule, of course, but if we think it’s being covered well, elsewhere, we generally won’t post on it.