via David at LASSN
“I’ve been sent a website with details of provision for different health organisations around Leeds. Looks really detailed and could be great for signposting”
The website is http://www.mecclink.co.uk/ and is aimed at health professionals who want to help the people they meet to live healthier lives by providing simple information, ideas for conversations, and things people can do to look after themselves a bit better.
or, in the words of the website (gotta love the NHS and their jargon)
MECC Link (Beta*) is simple online tool designed to provide Very Brief Intervention (VBI) and Signposting support to anyone delivering Making Every Contact Count within Yorkshire and the Humber.
MECC Link is designed to support people to embed and extend prevention and promotion of wellbeing and resilience into everyday practice by providing:
- Easily accessible information on key healthy lifestyle topics
- Suggested open questions using the Ask, Assist, Act model
- Information on a range of primary Self-care tools and resources
- Signposting to recommended national and local support services.
- On opportunity promote a social movement for MECC #MECCithappen