via Corinne Lee of Refugee Council
We would like to share with you a policy note on health barriers (attached) and resources, which we put together to help our clients access health services, and to raise awareness about health inequalities and barriers our clients face when they need healthcare.
You can read more information in our blog post, here. Please see the list of resources below:
- Refugee Council’s policy note on health barriers – outlines the main issues our clients are experiencing when they access health services, including issues arising in the course of the Covid-19 pandemic. PDF version.
- Therapeutic IAHC Communication Card – a double-sided card with useful vocabulary and phrases with translations. It can be used to speed up and clarify communication about health problems with the doctor, nurse, reception staff, in the hospital, with people who work in supporting organisations and to members of the public; translated to five languages: Albanian, Arabic, Dari, Farsi, Tigrinya.
- Maternity guide for women on asylum support. Print version | PDF version.
- Maternity guide for professionals. PDF version.
- Films – we have produced 5 video films to share learning and good practice based on our experience of delivering the HARP project:
- Film 1 – It is different over here: access to healthcare in the UK.
- Film 2 – Experiencing the asylum process in the UK and impact on health.
- Film 3 – Access to health for people seeking protection in the UK.
- Film 4 – The right to be understood: the importance of interpreting.
- Film 5 – Experts by Experience.