The Refugee Council Advocacy Network are looking for members
“The aim of the Advocacy Network is to provide a direct link between the Refugee Council’s Advocacy Team and other individuals and organisations working with refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK. The network is based on a principle of information sharing and collective working in order to achieve positive policy change for refugees and people seeking asylum.
We want to bridge the gap between small and big charities, bring different experts together, work closer with colleagues from homelessness, faith, legal and heath professions, and enable Refugee Community Organisations (RCOs) to contribute to the policy debate more. This is a nation-wide project, we are going to work closely with colleagues in Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.
Please find attached a leaflet, which you can also access on-line under this link: www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/advocacynetwork, you can also subscribe to the Network there. We are about to send our January Newsletter, which only members will receive, so please join us before we sent it out.
We will provide the Network members with:
- Statistics and data on relevant issues.
- Detailed policy briefings.
- Summaries of recent parliamentary activity.
- Updates about Refugee Council campaigns.
- Opportunities to exchange ideas, network, garner support and share updates on policy developments through meetings on a regional and national level.
- Invitations to attend advocacy events.
- Information about engaging MPs and information on the work of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Refugees.
We will also encourage members to share information with us about the issues they see are affecting refugees and people seeking asylum, and invite them to participate in campaigning work on specific issues.”