Project 17 are publicising new training sessions. Details are below and on their website.
- Local authority support for families with No Recourse to Public Funds (free)
- Understanding ‘no recourse to public funds’
- Identifying immigration status and entitlements
- Support for families: section 17 of the Children Act 1989
- Child in need assessments and human rights assessments
- Risks to requesting support
- Common problems accessing support (and how to overcome them)
Please note, the training does not look at support for those without children. This is an online course taking place via Zoom from 10am – 2:30pm. T
- Monday 7 June, 10am – 2:30pm
- Friday 2 July, 10am – 2:30pm
- Thursday 12 August, 10am – 2:30pm
To register, please complete this form
- Access to support for EEA nationals and family members after Brexit (free)
This session focuses on support options for EEA nationals and their family members after Brexit, concentrating particularly on the ‘grace period’. The session will cover:
- Identifying EEA nationals, family members and those with derivative rights
- Overview of the EU Settlement Scheme
- Entitlements to benefits and social housing for those impacted by Brexit
- Overview of section 17 support and the likely impact of Brexit
Note that this training is delivered from an entitlements/support options perspective. Project 17 staff are not immigration advisers. This is an online course taking place via Zoom.
- Friday 7 May, 10am-12pm
- Tuesday 18 May, 2pm-4pm
- Thursday 27 May 10am-12pm
To register, please complete this form.