This week, Women Friendly Leeds launched our Safety Survey. We are excited to share that in the space of a few days, we have already received hundreds of responses, telling us that safety in Leeds is a central issue for you all.
If you’ve not yet filled in this survey and can spare 10 minutes, please take the time to fill it out. If you’ve already filled it in, please share widely with your networks.
The views and experiences we collect from the survey will inform our new campaign “Switch on to Women’s Safety – This Has to Involve Us All” and help us to make a difference locally. Building a clear picture on gender and safety, rooted in a solid local evidence base, is vital to ensuring we have a strong voice to advocate for change.
The survey is open for three more weeks. You can complete it here.
Please note: this survey contains some explicit references to examples of sexual assault and harassment, which may be difficult or triggering for some people to read. Please take care of yourselves and only continue with the survey if you feel comfortable. You can also find a list of local and national services to contact for support lower down this email.
Please note: this survey is not open to men but we are currently working with allies to create a second survey looking at how our strategies can include men’s behaviours and working with them to effect change. If you are a man and would like to work with us on this, you can sign up to be an Ally on our website here.
Support Services for Sexual Assault and Harrassment
If you are affected by any of the issues raised by this survey, here are a few places you can talk to.
- SARSVL – Support After Rape and Sexual Violence for all women and girls in Leeds – 0808 802 3344 / website
- Leeds Women’s Aid – Providing support for women and families in Leeds who are victims of domestic, sexual and honour based violence and abuse, forced marriage, trafficking, stalking and harrassment – 0113 246 0401 / website
- Leeds Domestic Violence Service – Providing support for people of all genders who are victims of domestic violence and abuse in Leeds – 0113 246 0401 / website
- Women’s Lives Leeds Service Directory – Visit the service directory to find more organisations that might be able to offer support in Leeds and the surrounding areas – website
- National Domestic Abuse 24 hour Helpline – 0808 2000 247 / website
- Rape Crisis England and Wales – 0808 802 9999 / website
- GALOP – LGBTQ+ anti-violence charity, including support for sexual violence, domestic violence, hate crime, and more – 0800 999 5428 / website
- Victim Support – Support for anyone affected by crime or supporting someone affected by crime – 0808 1689 111 / website
- Childline – Support for children and young people under the age of 19 for any issue they are going through – 0800 1111 / website