Throughout November, there will be some meet the funder opportunities with the following funders:
- Comic Relief Community Funds, 11-12pm, 2nd November
- ESF Community Grants, 11 – 12pm, 18th November
- National Lottery Heritage Fund, 1.30 – 2.30, 23rd November
Comic Relief Community Fund (Zoom session on 2/11/21, 11-12pm): Meet Anushka Vinales, Community Engagement Officer, supporting organisations in Leeds to apply for Comic Relief Community Grants administrated by Groundwork. Anushka will outline the criteria and application process, giving tips on making a good application. Comic Relief Community Fund grants are available to local community groups driving change by drawing on the expertise of people with lived experience of the issues being tackled. Grants of up to £10,000 to be used for projects that fit with one of Comic Relief’s 4 strategic themes:
- Children Survive and Thrive – ensuring every child has the best start in life.
- Fighting for Gender Justice – tackling gender-based violence, inequality and exploitation.
- A Safe Place to Be – supporting those who have been displaced to access secure housing and feel settled in their new homes.
- Mental Health Matters – helping people experiencing poor mental health to access appropriate support and live free from stigma and discrimination.
Funding will be split as follows:
- £1,000 for capacity building activities including those which strengthen operations, improve governance and help to better understand beneficiary needs.
- £9,000 to deliver projects which align with the programme’s strategic themes. This could include activities for women and girls to help them make healthier choices, training to help parents and carers support their children’s development, supporting people with mental health issues or setting up a peer support network for people experiencing homelessness.
Organisations must have an annual turnover of less than £250,000 to apply. To find out more about the grants go to APPLY – Groundwork
ESF Community Grants (West Yorkshire) Free zoom session on 18/11/21, 11-12pm: Meet Anushka Vinales, Community Engagement Officer, supporting organisations in Leeds and Bradford to apply for ESF Community Grants (WY), administrated by Groundwork. Anushka will outline the criteria and application process, giving tips on making a good application. ESF Community Grants of £5,000 to £20,000 are available to voluntary organisations to deliver projects for unemployed people by helping them to overcome barriers to employment and progress into education, training or jobs. Groundwork manages the grant fund on behalf of the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). The programme will remain open until October 2022 or until funding has been spent – so apply as soon as possible before funds run out. Anushka is the local enabler for Leeds and Bradford and can give you support with your application. [email protected] To find out more about the grants go to https://www.groundwork.org.uk/esfcommunitygrants/
National Lottery Heritage Fund. Free zoom session, 1.30 – 2.30 on 23rd November: Meet Helen Peacock, Senior Engagement Manager North at the National Lottery Heritage Fund which is the largest dedicated funder of heritage in the UK. The fund believes “that understanding, valuing and sharing our heritage brings people together, inspires pride in communities and boosts investment in local economies”. National Lottery grants start from £3,000 and go up to to £5million. At the session Helen will outline the range of grants available, check your organisation/project is eligible and give you tips on applying. The session will be interactive so you can ask questions.