Sorry for the late notice…
Please come along and let us know what you’re up to, how you’re doing, and how we can help one another.
Zoom Link: http://bit.ly/zoomlmp
Current Agenda Items
1) Emergency Housing Options for people who have No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF)
We are expecting some friends from Leeds City Council who have promised to provide some answers to the questions raised at our last meeting.
- What is the current situation for a homeless asylum seeker with NRPF who presents today?
- What advice/assistance would public health give to them?
- What is the protocol if they appear to be symptomatic?
- What happens if they test positive?
- What happens if /when they recover?
- What if they appear to be experiencing long COVID (eg no longer C-19+ but health significantly impaired)
- Is there a proposed end date for the Accomodation provided by LCC to destitute NRPF at Garforth House?
- What forms of accommodation do LCC think are permissible for NRPF in need of emergency accomodation, moving forwards? Does LCC have a preferred option from LCC?
- What support is on offer from LCC to assist 3rd Sector to respond to meet current/future unmet need?
2) Project Updates
We’re still keen to hear more about how you’re making things work, despite the recent restrictions.
3) Frequency of Zoom Meetings
Do we still want these meetings to happen every 2 weeks, or should we make them every 3 or 4 weeks? We’re happy to keep them running, if they are useful, but it does not harm to keep checking.
4) Absolutely anything else
This is everyone’s meeting. You decide the agenda. When you arrive, just let us know what you want to discuss, and roughly for roughly (via chat if possible) and we’ll try and squeeze you in.
And remember… get those Future meetings in your diaries
To save the Zoom invitation for the rest of this year, download this file, and import it into your calendar (eg Outlook).
Thanks everyone, and see you there, we hope
Ali, Karen, Jon and Danie