Partners in the refugee and migration sector have come together this year to run a joint project called ‘Lighting Up Lockdown’.
As part of the project we will be encouraging the people we work with to send us things that have made them smile throughout lockdown…it could be a photo from their daily walk…a poem they read…crafts they’ve made…something they’ve drawn etc. We have loose themes for each week for inspiration (see flyer for full list). The idea is to bring people together and lift people’s spirits during what will be a difficult winter for many…
The project was launched this week and will carry on until the end of the year. If you know of some one who might like to get involved, they can get in touch with one of the partner organisations on the project:
- Refugee Council, New Roots – Amy, 07876144304
- LASSN – Tina and Emily, 07841 525100
- Health Access for Refugees Programme (HARP) – Rose, 07393011902
- Rainbow Hearts – Sally, [email protected]
- Conversation Club – Dot, [email protected]
- Musicultural Conversations – Nicky, [email protected]
- Leeds Playhouse – Ruth, [email protected]
- PATH Yorkshire – Katy, [email protected]
We will also have a Zoom celebration event, sharing all the wonderful things people have been creating, on the 16th December, 11am-12pm. Zoom details below.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 833 6146 7042