There will be a meeting to find out more about Leeds Schools of Sanctuary and plan the future of the project on Weds 24th April 2019 at 10am in the Puffin room, 2nd floor, Oak House, 94 Park Lane, Leeds LS3 1EL. All are welcome. If you would like to attend, please email [email protected]
Leeds City of Sanctuary are also looking for new volunteers for the following roles:
- to join the Leeds Schools of Sanctuary steering group
- to join a pool of volunteers to assess schools that have applied to be Schools of Sanctuary
The steering group will oversee the Schools of Sanctuary project in Leeds and will meet once per quarter for approx 2 hours.
Assessment volunteers will be approached when a school has applied and can decide whether to be involved in that particular assessment at the time.
Who we’re looking for
Anyone that is interested in the project is welcome. We are particularly looking for:
- Refugees and people seeking asylum
- Educational professionals, school staff and those with experience in education eg. retired teachers, advisory teachers, academics etc
- Parents with pupils in school
- Pupils attending school, with support from their school