LRF is a refugee led membership organisation directly supporting refugees and asylum seekers in the city. LRF’s members and users are from over 50 different countries of origin. LRF aims to help refugees use their skills to benefit other refugees, refugee communities and the wider community. LRF was formed in 2003 and became constituted in June 2006. It is a company limited by guarantee and became a registered charity in April 2011. The board is made up of a majority of trustees from different refugee backgrounds in Leeds and up to one third non-refugee supporters and allies.
We seek new trustees who will play a key part in various aspects of LRF’s board:
- contributing new ideas
- communicating refugee needs
- working in partnership with others to make support refugee integration and building refugee voice in influencing key organisations in Leeds
- guiding LRF through changes and developments
- assisting with fundraising and financial oversight
- helping to profile LRF through social media and online communications
- mentoring and supporting staff and volunteers
We are looking for people who already excel in some of these areas or are enthusiastic about developing their potential. We are a team and work with the strengths of Board members to lead LRF.
We can buddy you up with an existing Board member if there is a specific skill area you would like to develop. You can find out more by reading the attached role description and the nomination form.
The AGM will be held on 28th November 6 pm at One Community Centre.
For more information please call Ali on 07733171290 or email [email protected],uk. If you are interested please let us know by Thursday 22nd November.