- Salary: NJC Scale SO1 (SCP29-31) £26,470 – £28,221
- Hours: 37 hours a week
- Location: LASSN Office, Oak House, Leeds LS3 1EL
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 12th November 2018.
Applications on a Job-Share or Secondment basis considered
This funding for this post ends at the end of June 2019, although it may be extended.
Leeds Asylum Seekers’ Support Network (LASSN) is looking for a Volunteers Manager to set up and oversee the work of LASSN’s Connecting Opportunities: Mentoring and Befriending Project, to enable refugees and other migrants with a right to stay in the UK to increase their confidence, improve their spoken English, and to understand and make stronger connections with their neighbourhoods and communities.
The person we appoint will
- have at least 12 months’ experience of supporting volunteers,
- enjoy working flexibly in a small, friendly team.
- share LASSN’s commitment to ensuring asylum seekers, refugees and other migrants at risk of harm are safe, respected, supported and empowered to rebuild their lives free of persecution;
- have a commitment to helping ordinary people find ways of making Leeds a friendlier, more welcoming city.
- be confident working with IT (including Microsoft Office) and
- enjoy helping other people learn and acquire new skills.
Their can-do approach, and ability to complete tasks to agreed deadlines will play a key role in the smooth running of a team that values diversity, kindness, and high standards of support.
For an application pack LASSN’s website www.lassn.org.uk/about/jobs or phone Jon Beech on 07845 298047 for an informal conversation about the role.
The closing date for applications is 9am Monday 12th November 2018;
People with lived experience of migration with relevant skills and experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Connecting Opportunities is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery, through the Big Lottery Fund