RETAS, the Refugee Education Training and Advice Service, is a Leeds-based charity with an outstanding reputation for helping refugees, asylum seekers, and other vulnerable migrants rebuild their lives in West Yorkshire. We are now seeking to appoint a Learning Manager/Tutor.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a highly professional, dynamic, and creative individual with a passion for supporting vulnerable migrants.
- Thanks to new funding opportunities and the expansion of RETAS services, the successful applicant will have considerable autonomy in shaping and developing this key role, which reports to the Director of RETAS.
- The job requires the development, management, and delivery of high quality programmes underpinned by ESOL and designed to help service users take the key steps towards successful integration.
- In addition, the Learning Manager will be required to teach on these programmes.
- There is also a requirement to help recruit and to manage and support tutors and volunteer teaching assistants with a view to building a highly committed team with a culture of professionalism.
- The job will call for great adaptability due to the irregular and ever-changing demands of the field and of migrants’ lives.
- This is no ordinary role, but if you relish a challenge, are resilient, and want to make a difference, then this could be the job for you.
- If you have experience of teaching ESOL to adults, developing and managing learning programmes, and hold a recognised qualification for teaching ESOL, we would love to hear from you.
- RETAS values diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in its recruitment policy.
Please contact Roger Nyantou [email protected] for further information.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 2nd August 2017