Date: 31st October 2019
Time: 1.00pm – 4.30 pm (please arrive by 12.45 for registration and refreshments)
Venue: City Exchange, 11 Albion Street, Leeds LS1 5ES (walking distance from Leeds Train Station)
This briefing will provide you with knowledge to support EU citizens and their family members who are victims of gender-based abuse to secure the immigration status they need to continue living in the UK. The following will be covered:
- The EU Settlement Scheme including who must apply and how;
- How new immigration status under the EU Settlement Scheme affects entitlement to benefits;
- How you can provide practical support to women who need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme;
- What is regulated immigration advice and how to help women access it;
- Where you can signpost or refer women who need help with the EU Settlement Scheme.
Who should attend?
This seminar is open to non-legal professionals working in West Yorkshire on violence against women and girls (VAWG) issues from the community, voluntary and statutory sectors for example refuge workers, outreach workers, IDVAs and ISVAs and frontline housing staff, social workers etc. Professionals who attend should be providing or likely to provide free support to women who are EU citizens or their family members and who have been affected by VAWG.