via Nola at LASSN
“It will help you gain the knowledge to defend and promote the rights of refugees across the world.”
Places are unlimited on our free online course Human Rights: The Rights of Refugees which will be available for 12 months from 16 November 2016 to 19 November 2017.
Who can take the course?
Everyone with online access can take this course, whether you are in school or college, at university, taking the course as a group, or following it on your own in your free time.
What will you get?
- Gain the skills and knowledge to defend the rights of refugees.
- Connect to a global community campaigning for the rights of refugees worldwide.
- Learn from an organization on the frontline, with a long history of standing up for human rights
- Be challenged to think critically and interact with participants. Together, you’ll learn how to empower yourselves to create change.
You will also be able to claim your certificate at the end of the course.
What does the course cover?
- An introductory understanding of the rights of refugees and the concept of international protection.
- The reasons people flee their homes and the extreme conditions refugees face.
- The role of government in protecting the rights of refugees and how to play your part in ensuring those rights are respected.