The EU Settlement Scheme was opened fully from the end of March 2019 for EU citizens to apply online for settled or pre-settled status dependent on the number of years of residency in the UK.
To support people to apply the government has offered a range of support including digital assistance services and ID checking.
Leeds City Council Customer Access Service have signed up to provide digital assistance and ID Scanning through 5 of their community hubs:
• Merrion House (Monday – Friday 9am – 12pm by appointment)
• Reginald Centre (Tuesday 9am – 12pm by appointment)
• Dewsbury Road (Thursdays 9am – 12pm by appointment)
• Armley (Mondays 10am – 12pm by appointment)
• Compton Centre (Thursdays 9am – 12pm by appointment)
In addition, the Council has grant funded the following local VCFS organisations to do community outreach aimed at increasing community awareness of the scheme:
• Path Yorkshire
• Baltica Supplementary School
• Polish Catholic Mission
• Settled ( the 3 million)
• St Vincents
• Leeds City Council Gypsy Roma Traveller team
More details of the Council’s offer can be found on the following website https://www.leeds.gov.uk/brexit along with links to national guidance and toolkits.