Mafwa Theatre is a community theatre company working with refugees, asylum seekers and settled communities in Leeds. Our women’s drama group takes place at Leeds Refugee Forum where participants of any migration status are welcome to join in and explore ways to empower themselves. As the only dedicated participatory theatre provision for newcomers in Leeds, we aim to improve the visibility of marginalised women, strengthen communities, and counter rising racism in the UK.
We are currently looking for an artist to create a recipe book in collaboration with community members. The publication is the culmination of Cooking with Parveen : an 8-month project exploring food and friendship. It will include recipes, poems, and stories from this time. We are looking for an individual from any visual art or design background, with experience of co-curating work with communities.
- Experience of working collaboratively with communities
- Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of producing printed materials
- Knowledge of arts evaluation processes
- A commitment to Mafwa Theatre’s Health & Safety, Safeguarding policies, amongst others
We actively encourage artists who have experience of the asylum process to apply.
To apply, Send a CV and example of your work or link to online portfolio to [email protected]
Deadline for submissions: 12pm, Monday 19th May 2020