Refugee and Asylum Seeker Support
- Migrant Help telephone advice and guidance for asylum support, and repairs issues is now open 24/7 – 0808 8010 503
- Refugee Council’s Telephone infoline – 0808 196 7272
- Meeting Point’s drop ins focus on providing food, clothing and a warm, friendly social space for refugees and asylum seekers.
- Monday 21st December 14:30-17:00
- Monday 28th December 14:30-17:00
- Monday 4th Jan 14:30-17:00
- PAFRAS Drop in on Wednesday 16th December 10:00 – 13:00 will be the last one until Wednesday 6th January 10:00 – 13:00
COVID Info and support
Translated materials on Covid related topics
- Let’s hope no one needs to use these Resources for people who have been detained – but better to know about them than not. GOV have also issues Covid guidance on staying in touch with people in Removal Centres
Domestic Violence Support
Leeds Domestic Violence Service 24HR HELPLINE 0113 246 0401
The fabulous Leeds Food Aid network have published
- a list of all the places offering free food and welcome that they know about over the Christmas period (Thursday 17th December to Monday 4th January). This includes a number of socially distanced hot meals and drop-ins which are all free.
- a list of all food bank and food parcel provision
- Cultural Food Hubs open over Christmas
- Hamara South, West and North will remain open throughout the Christmas period including all the bank holidays (Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day) and will be available to respond to emergency needs. Email: [email protected], Tel: 0113 277 3330.
- Although the office will be closed from 23 December and re-open 4 January, Give a Gift – East will respond to emergency need over the holiday period with calls to the office redirected. Email: [email protected], Tel: 0113 380 5676.
Urgent treatment Centres are for people who need to see a Doctor or a Nurse urgently, but where the condition is not life threatening. Here are the details of the Urgent Treatment Centres in Leeds open every day (inc 25th December and 1st January) from 8am – 11pm
NHS Walk In at Shakespeare Medical Centre in Lincoln Green is also open every day (inc 25th December and 1st January) 8am – 8pm
Emergency Dentists can be accessed by calling 111
Mental Health and Wellbeing –
- The Mindwell website have updated their page on Christmas Community Events 2020 (and don’t forget their Christmas toolkit and Christmas resource)
- Live Well Leeds have a really useful list of Emergency Contacts including out of hours drop-ins like
English for All – online Chat sessions register here
- Christmas Eve (Thurs 24th Dec) 18:00 – 21:00
- Christmas Day (Fri 25th Dec) 12:00 – 15:00 and 19:00 – 22:00
- Boxing Day (Sat 26th Dec) 12:00 – 15:00
- New Years’ Eve (Thurs 31st Dec) 20:00 – 00:00 (midnight)
- New Years’ Day (Fri 1st Jan) 12:00 – 15:00
Meet and Connect – online socials Contact Hala 07832 977006 or Anna 07927 808375
- Tuesday 22nd December: 14:00 – 15:00 (women only) Zoomlink Meeting ID: 898 6347 9376 Passcode: 354366
- Tuesday 29th December: 14:00 – 15:00 (women only) Zoomlink Meeting ID: 898 6347 9376 Passcode: 354366
Mill Hill Conversation Club – online Chat sessions contact [email protected] for more details
- Thursday 24th December: 14:30 – 16:00 – Zoomlink Christmas Party with music games etc
- Thursday 31st December: 14:30 – 16:00 – Zoomlink
Mindwell’s list of Christmas Community events are not just around mental health – there’s lots of things from online Pantomimes to sing-alongs, there’s loads of stuff.
Asylum Seekers and Refugees should contact LCC Housing options – their out of hours number is 07891 273939
- Some emergency accommodation for roofless people may be available over this period, but it can only be accessed via LCC Housing Options
- St George’s Crypt will only usually take refugees or people with the right to remain in the UK.
- If temperatures drop beneath zero degrees overnight then the Severe Weather Emergency Protocol kicks in and anyone can find shelter, regardless of their immigration status. You can find out if the SWEP has been declared by looking at the Street Support Website. Check daily after 3pm
Homeless Households with Children under 16
- Homeless Households with children under 16 should contact Leeds City Council and ask for help under Section 17 of the Children Act, regardless of their immigration status. They can also use the emergency out of hours number 07891 273939.
- Lost ARC/Aspen card queries – 0808 8010 503 (Migrant Help)
- This UK.GOV web tool takes you through a series of questions to help you find the right place to contact
- Covid -19 related changes to the Asylum Process from Right to Remain
Immigration reporting centres
Removals & return
- Removals, deportations, detention – West Yorkshire Enforcement Team 0113 386 5719 (open 07:00 – 21:00 hrs 7 days a week)
- Voluntary Departure team – 0300 004 0202