What? Volunteering Opportunities for member of the Refugee and Asylum Seeking Communities:
When? Training 25 September 10 am – 12.30 pm
Where? at Stringer House, Voluntary Action Leeds (VAL)
The Volunteer Centre, Leeds (VAL), LASSN, Refugee Council and RETAS have been working in partnership to increase the choice of volunteering opportunities for adults from Refugee and migrant communities living in Leeds.
As part of this initiative we have arranged training for paid workers and volunteers that are in roles were they can speak to people about volunteering.
At this training we will cover:
- · What is Volunteering?
- · What options are there to volunteer?
- · Discuss volunteering while receiving benefits
- · We will introduce you to our new on-line volunteering brokering system.
- · Train you on how to view and download current volunteering opportunities across Leeds.
- · Answer any questions you may have about volunteering.
The hope is that we can better support paid workers and volunteers to give up to date advice to members of the Refugee and migrant communities around their options to volunteer.
To book a place please e-mail [email protected]