What? A free workshop for professionals and volunteers who work with young asylum seekers. The workshop will aim to give participants:
- A brief overview of the asylum process in the UK
- An overview of young asylum seekers’ rights and entitlements in the UK
- How to support young people effectively engage with legal advice, what to expect and how to recognise what is good and bad legal advice
- How the hostile environment impacts young asylum seekers and the challenges faced by young migrants.
- A good knowledge of resources and services you can use to more effectively support young asylum seekers.
Please note: While this workshop will focus on the experiences of young asylum seekers (unaccompanied asylum seeking children and 16-25yrs) a lot of the topics are also relevant to adults.
When? 11th June from 1pm-4pm.
Places are limited so please register here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/workshop-ways-to-improve-your-support-for-young-asylum-seekers-tickets-61641450237